Equality at TU Berlin
The Technical University Berlin is actively promoting the establishment of equal opportunities and the reconciliation of family and working life. Especially the support of women in science is a key task since many years.
It is therefore one of the most important aims to further increase the proportion of women among our new students, graduates, young academics as well as their percentage in leading positions. To achieve this goal the Technical University Berlin has installed a comprehensive range of measures .
Furthermore continuous organizational development and change in organizational culture are necessary to implement gender equality. The equality agenda focuses therefore on:
- the structural level (organizational development),
- the individual level (women´s promotion) and
- the cultural level (organizational culture).
The implementation of goals and measures is undertaken by different actors .
Acknowledgement & Advancement
After receiving once more the highest level of implementation (stadium 4) in the framework of the research-oriented standards on gender equality set by the DFG, TU Berlin is committed to further uphold its standards. Qualitative and quantitative objectives are formulated in the:
- Equality Concept  (2016-2020) and in the
- womens promotion plans of the faculties  (2016-2021) (incl. targeted figures).
The continuous implementation and advancement of concepts and measures to promote equal opportunities within the last years was honored by a range of further awards, such as:
- the certification of the audit familiengerechte hochschule  (2008, 2011, 2015),
- the acquisition of the
Total-E-Quality Prädikat  (2008, 2011,
- the granting of the applications to the Professorinnenprogramm  (2008, 2013).
Last but not least TU Berlin has signed the Charta der Vielfalt  (2013) and is going to position itself stronger in the field of diversity issues (Equality@TUB ).
- Verknüpfung von Zielen und Maßnahmen bzw. Handlungsfeldern der TU Berlin
- © TU Berlin-Rother
Concerted efforts have brought us closer towards gender equality and non-discrimination, but there is still a lot to be done in this important field of activity. That’s why TU Berlin supports and remains to achieving the Research-Oriented Standards on Gender Equality of the German Research Association (Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft, DFG). Our implementation strategy has also proven to be sustainable: in 2013, the DFG distinguished TU Berlin as the only technical university to reach the highest implementation level (stadium 4). For more information please visit the website of DFG:
Several other awards also reflected the positive impact of our efforts to implement and develop our equal opportunities concepts and activities:
· certification as a "family friendly university" (2008, 2011, 2015)
· acquisition of the Total-E-Quality Label (2008, 2011, 2014), as well as
· permission to apply the special criteria of the Women Professors Programme (2008, 2013).
TU Berlin also signed the Diversity Charta in 2013.