Chorafas Prize 2021: Call for Nomination
The Dimitris N. Chorafas Foundation annually awards international prizes to doctoral candidates for outstanding research work that is expected to be completed or has been completed in the current calendar year.
The aim is to provide outstanding scientists with seed capital for postgraduate research.
TU Berlin has been one of the Dimitris N. Chorafas Foundation’s 21 partner universities worldwide since 1996. As a partner university, two prizes are allocated to TU Berlin for nominated candidates fulfilling the requirements.
Applicant background/research fields
The prizes honor outstanding work in the following areas:
- Life Sciences & Medicine
- Chemistry (including nanotechnology)
- Informatics/Computer Science
- Engineering of Finance & Risk Management
- Candidates must be 32 years old or younger (born after 31 May 1989).
- Candidates may only be nominated once.
- Candidates must have completed or plan to complete their doctorate between 31 May 2020 and 31 December 2021.
- The doctoral candidate must be a registered student of TU Berlin and may also be a teaching or research assistant in one of the faculties.
- The research project must have a practical application. Further, the candidate must be at the top of their class.
Please submit your application with the following documents in English in one file (electronically via email):
CV||Including interships if any|
With passport size photo
|Summary of research
||Maximum of one page|
|List of Publications||Only
papers for which the candidate is a first author |
All papers must be in peer-reviewed journals
Papers must be either published, in press or accepted
statement||Why my research benefits humanity
Maximum of one page
abstracts||Abstracts of first authored papers in
peer-reviewed journals |
Up to 5 abstracts
No longer than ½ page each
|Letter of recommendation 1
||From the PhD advisor|
The salutation should be: Dear Members of the Board,
|Letter of recommendation
2||The salutation should be: Dear Members of
the statistically valid sample of
candidates||Presenting 10-15 candidates that
were considered, but not retained |
The list should contain both the first and last name; faculty, or the field of studies; and thesis title
Please submit your complete application by 7 May 2021 to: email@example.com 
Technische Universität Berlin
Office of International Affairs
INT WS 2, z. Hd. Frau Sibylle Groth (H 2034)
Straße des 17. Juni 135
If you have any questions, please call or email: Tel. 314-27344, email: firstname.lastname@example.org