International Scientific Cooperation in the Office of International Affairs is responsible for international scientific partnerships at TU Berlin. TU Professors may apply for funds to cover the living expenses of visitors in order to build new partnerships and strengthen existing connections. For information on the amounts available for grants, please refer to the attachment.
||Monthly rates |
(> 22 days)
|Daily rates |
(<= 23 days)
|Postdocs, university instructors, lecturers ||€ 2000 ||€ 89 per day |
|PhD students ||€ 1200 ||€ 54 per day |
- Living expenses of foreign guests in accordance with daily or monthly rates (see attachment)
- Monthly lump-sum allowance for the hosting TU institute to cover costs for hosting international guests (Bench-Fee) 
We would like to point out that within the framework of the internationalization strategy of the TU Berlin, applications are especially welcome that promote the expansion of cooperation projects with our strategic partners (Warsaw University of Technology, Politecnico di Milano, NTNU in Trondheim, TU Wien, the St. Petersburg Polytechnic University and the University of Technology Sydney).
fill in the application for funds  and submit a
signed copy via the internal mail system or as a document via
e-mail to International Scientific Cooperation
(contact: INT WS 4, email:
Please also answer the following questions in your application:
o What concrete measures will be carried out and with what objectives?
o What specific benefits does the visit have for both your department in particular and the TU Berlin as a whole?
- After your request has been reviewed, you will receive a response from us via email.
- After you receive approval from us, please confirm the dates of the visit and provide us with the home address and bank details of your guest approximately one week before arrival. Cash payments can be made only in justified exceptions.
- Following the cooperation activities, please send us a brief free-format report by email with the following information:
- What concrete measures were carried out and with what objectives?
- Did you achieve the expected results with your guest's visit? What was the outcome?
- What specific benefits did the visit have for both your department in particular and the TU Berlin as a whole?
- How do you assess the quality of the partnership and the prospects for the future?
Thank you very much in advance. If you require further information, please contact us at International Scientific Cooperation.