If you are expecting a visitor from a country requiring a visa for Germany, this usually requires a letter of invitation. The visitor should go to the German Embassy with this invitation and apply for a visa. The invitation letter should contain at least the following information:
- Subject: Request for a national visa
- Name and date of birth of the guest
- Reason / purpose of stay at the TU Berlin
- Period of stay
- Name of the faculty / institute / department and the supervisor
- Financing of the stay (scholarship, employment, self-paid)
The addresses of the German embassies and consulates can be found here .