It is important to prepare in order to ensure that your stay is as pleasant as possible. The following list provides an overview of what to do and consider before your research stay:
- Please apply for your entrance visa as soon as possible. Please contact the German Embassy in your country for information at your earliest convenience. Further information concerning visa matters can be found at the Federal Foreign Office  or at EURAXCESS . Many questions are answered in the FAQ section.
- Several biometrical photographs are required.
- To simplify your life in Berlin, it is useful to take along officially authenticated copies of your most important certificates and documents as well as all important medical records.
- Please take out a health insurance which is valid in Germany and if possible also a liability insurance policy. For more information, click here .
- Possibilities for accommodation can be found here .
- Please apply for an international driver licence if you want to drive a car in Germany.
- If your family is joining you and you need a place in a kindergarten or school, useful information and assistance can be found in the family services office.