Before you leave Germany, we kindly ask you to take care of the following formalities:
- De-registration at the registration office. This should be done at the latest one week before your departure. The de-registration is especially important in case you want to register for a new residence in Germany again at a later date. If you have not de-registered yourself the first time, you might get fined.
- Cancellation of your bank account.
- Cancellation of electricity, water, gas, telephone, broadcasting fees and Internet. Some of these things might be handled automatically by your residential home / guest house. Please check on that.
- Return of institute keys.
- Return of your university dining card, the library card, books, etc.
- De-registration of your children from kindergarten or school.
- Payout of your rental deposit.
- Application for a forwarding request at the Deutsche Post.
- Become an alumni of the TU Berlin: Alumni Program .