Inhalt des Dokuments
M.Sc. Process, Energy, and Environmental Systems Engineering (PEESE)
- About PEESE
- Information material
- Advisory Service
The Masters course PEESE provides a
comprehensive competence in process and plant engineering,
construction and management. Typical employers are international
companies operating in various sectors of energy, chemical
engineering, food industry, power plant engineering, environmental
technology or building service.
The main effect of the course is to develop the ability of the students to understand complex processes as a system, to analyze them and to handle instruments to control and to optimize processes and solve problems. This will be complemented by a framework of intercultural competence and management skills.
Graduates from the PEESE program have excellent job opportunities. The international degree opens career chances in many areas of systems engineering worldwide. Tasks in designing new systems include synthesis, simulation, validation, control and optimization. Computer-aided approaches become increasingly important. The PEESE program equips students with a profound knowledge to handle systems development procedures in the global environment.
The duration of the PEESE program is 4 semesters. This is accomplished by providing high-quality, motivated international students with intensive tutoring, assistance, regular meetings with supervisors and clearly defined targets. The program concludes with an internship and a master thesis.
The program includes technical and managerial courses focusing on energy, process, and environmental engineering. The module blocks include process synthesis, process simulation, process control, process optimization, management, and intercultural competences. In addition, elective courses should be selected.
STUDY AND EXAMINATION REGULATIONS / STUDIEN- UND PRÜFUNGSORDNUNG
- Study and examination regulations and admission regulations 2016 / Studien- und Prüfungsordnung und Zulassungsordnung 2016 
- Study and examination regulations 2016 - correction / Studien- und Prüfungsordnung 2016 - Korrektur 
- Study and examination regulations 2011 / Studien- und Prüfungsordnung 2011 
LIST OF PROVIDED LECTURES / MODULKATALOGE
- StuPO 2016: List of provided lectures winter term 2019-20 / Modulkatalog Wintersemester 2019/20 
- StuPO 2016: List of provided lectures summer 2019 / Modulkatalog Sommersemester 2019 
- StuPO 2016: List of provided lectures winter term 2018-19 / Modulkatalog Wintersemester 2018/19 
- StuPo 2016: List of provided lectures summer term 2018 / Modulkatalog Sommersemester 2018 
- StuPo 2016: List of provided lectures winter term 2017-18 / Modulkatalog Wintersemester 2017-18 
- StuPo 2016: List of provided lectures summer term 2017 / Modulkatalog Sommersemester 2017 
- StuPo 2016: List of provided lectures winter term 2016-17 / Modulkatalog Wintersemester 2016-17 
- StuPo 2011: List of provided lectures winter term 2016-17 / Modulkatalog Wintersemester 2016-17 
MORE INFORMATION / WEITERE INFORMATIONSMATERIALIEN
- Industrial Placement Guidelines / Praktikumsrichtlinien - 22.07.2015 
- Industrial Placement Guidelines / Praktikumsrichtlinien - 18.02.2009 
Chances to get the admission are good, if you fullfill the requirements. Beside that we are looking always for the best students, and since only a limited number of places are available, it is a success to be selected. Apply directly via UniAssist .
The following application documents are required for the admission to the PEESE Programme:
- Curriculum Vitae (your CV must be up to date, i.e. it has to include your actual activities until the date of application!)
- Motivation letter
- Degree Certificates and Transcripts; important: If you are from a non EU country your certificates have to be translated and legalized from a German institution in your home country, e.g. the German embassy! Originals and certified copies from your university can only be accepted when they are in German or English. Please see here for details .
- English Language Proficiency Certification (for candidates whose native language is not English)
Please make sure that all required documents are
included and that the photocopies are certificated correctly.
Incomplete applications have to be rejected!
The application deadline is May 15th. We recommend to apply as early as possible, since the visa procedure can take up to 3 month!
The application via UniAssist for winter term 2017/18 will be possible in the beginning of March 2017.
More information on Graduate Admissions at TU Berlin 
To complete the PEESE Program both English and German are required.
However, it is possible to start the program only with knowledge of
At the end of the first semester you must pass the TestDaF for German language. After that you can continue the program in both languages.
If you do not speak German, the following procedure is applied:
- Students are supposed to reach level A1 by September of the year they intend to begin the studies
- Level A2 you can achieve during intensive German language course starts at the beginning of September before the first semester. This course is offered by Modern Language Center (ZEMS ) at TU Berlin. Registration can be done from May to July on the web-site
- Level TestDaF must be reached within the special technical German language classes offered for PEESE students.
Student Advisory Service PEESEFelix Gleis & Thede Mehlhop
Raum H 8162