Gender Equality at TU Berlin
The Technical University Berlin is actively promoting the establishment of equal opportunities and the reconciliation of family and working life. Especially the support of women in science is a key task since many years.
It is therefore one of the most important aims to further increase the proportion of women among our new students, graduates, young academics as well as their percentage in leading positions. To achieve this goal the Technical University Berlin has installed a comprehensive range of measures .
Furthermore continuous organizational development and change in organizational culture are necessary to implement gender equality. The equality agenda focuses therefore on:
- the structural level (organizational development),
- the individual level (women´s promotion) and
- the cultural level (organizational culture).
The implementation of goals and measures is undertaken by different actors .
Acknowledgement & Advancement
After receiving once more the highest level of implementation (stadium 4) in the framework of the research-oriented standards on gender equality set by the DFG, TU Berlin is committed to further uphold its standards. Qualitative and quantitative objectives are formulated in the:
- Gender Equality Concept  (2016-2020) and in the
- womens promotion plans of the faculties  (2016-2021) (incl. targeted figures).
The continuous implementation and advancement of concepts and measures to promote equal opportunities within the last years was honored by a range of further awards, such as:
- the certification of the audit familiengerechte hochschule  (2008, 2011, 2015),
- the acquisition of the
Total-E-Quality Prädikat  (2008, 2011,
- the granting of the applications to the Professorinnenprogramm  (2008, 2013).
Last but not least TU Berlin has signed the Charta der Vielfalt  (2013) and is going to position itself stronger in the field of diversity issues (Equality@TUB ).