Inhalt des Dokuments
Instructions for Registration
Important information for applicants - PLEASE READ BEFORE STARTING THE REGISTRATION PROCESS!
To prepare for the registration process, please read the following information about the personal details and documentation you will need for your application.
1. Registration Fee
- An online registration fee of 60€ is payable by all applicants
- This covers the administration cost of your application and will be subtracted from your final course fee
- Please have your credit card ready before you register (Mastercard, Visa or Amex)
- The Summer & Winter University offers different accommodation options and you will be asked to select your preferred option (or you can also choose to find your own accommodation)
- Read about the available options in our accommodation section .
- Please note that your selection on the registration form is a request only, and is not a confirmation of booking. Rooms are subject to availability, and your choice will be confirmed with your registration confirmation, and invoice. If the room you requested is unavailable, we will email you with options before sending your full invoice.
3. Personal Information
- Please have your personal details ready for the registration process
- This includes your passport information if you need a visa invitation letter
4. Educational Background
- Please have evidence of your University experience to hand
5. Document Upload - PLEASE READ CAREFULLY!
- Several documents will be required as proof in your application. You will be asked to upload these as part of the registration process
- All documents can be in the following formats and size: JPG, PDF, max. 2 MB.
- Please name all documents in the format: SURNAME_FIRSTNAME_SUBJECT, e.g. MUSTERMAN_MAX_Passport photo
5.2 Your proof of English language proficiency (not required for native speakers)
5.3 A passport photo of yourself, for your BVG public transportation ticket for Berlin. The photo must be:
- Digital file (JPG or BMP extension) must include your first name and last name on the file name
- White background
- Minimum external dimensions in mm: 35mm x 45mm (width x height)
- Minimum digital dimensions in pixels: not less than 600 pixels high or 500 pixels wide
- Image must be cropped to the photo edges (no border). A scan of a white page with a photo on it will not be accepted
5.4 Copy of your passport (only required if you need a visa invitation letter).
5.5 Copy of your international health insurance policy in English, OR a copy of your European Health Insurance Card (EHIC), OR application for insurance with Mawista. More info on this on our insurance page .
6. Cultural Program
- Your course fee covers costs of the cultural program  such as museum entry and tour guides
- In addition, we offer one-day guided visits to the beautiful East German cities of Leipzig (Term 1, Saturday, 22nd of June 2019) and Dresden (Term 3, Saturday, 3rd of August 2019), as optional extra excursions. The price for each trip is 70€, which covers transportation and tourist attractions. More details will be available once registrations open
- Please select which (if any) of these options you would like to participate in during the registration process
7. Photo Permission
- Please indicate in the registration process if you agree or disagree to the TU Berlin Summer & Winter University taking your photograph or filming you during the program
Register: Summer University 2019
Registrations for Summer 2019 have now closed. Check back in September-October for the announcment of our new summer program for 2020.
The link for registering for Summer 2020 will be posted here as soon as it is available.
Please contact us  with any enquiries.
Register: Winter University 2020
Winter 2020 will open soon.
Check back in August 2019 for updates on our 2020 winter program.
Please contact us  with any enquiries.
Register: TU Berlin Students
Registration for summer 2019 has now closed. Please check back later this year for announcements regarding our 2020 summer program.
To access the TU Berlin student registration page, please login with your TU Berlin account and click on the menu tab marked 'Registration TU Berlin Students'.