Instructions for Registration
Important information for applicants - PLEASE READ BEFORE STARTING THE REGISTRATION PROCESS!
To prepare for the registration process, please read the following information about the personal details and documentation you will need for your application.
1. Registration Fee
- An online registration fee of €60 is compulsory
- This covers the administration cost of your application and will be subtracted from your final invoice once you have been accepted to the program
- Please have your credit card ready before you register (Mastercard, Visa or Amex)
- Important!: Please check your credit card is freed for international transactions, prior to registering!
- The Summer & Winter University offers different accommodation options and you will be asked to select your preferred option (or you can also choose to find your own accommodation)
- Read about the available options in our accommodation section .
- Please note that your selection on the registration form is a request only, and is not a confirmation of booking. Rooms are subject to availability, and your choice will be confirmed with your registration confirmation, and invoice. If the room you requested is unavailable, we will email you with options before sending your full invoice.
3. Personal Information
- Please have your personal details ready for the registration process
- This includes your passport information if you need a visa invitation letter
4. Document Upload - PLEASE READ CAREFULLY!
- Several documents will be required as proof in your application. You will be asked to upload these as part of the registration process
- All documents can be in the following formats and size: JPG, PDF, max. 2 MB, apart from your portrait photo for the transport ticket, which has to be in JPG.
- Please name all documents in the format: FIRSTNAME_SURNAME_SUBJECT, e.g. MAX_MUSTERMAN_PHOTO
4.2 Your proof of English language proficiency (not required for native speakers)
4.3 A passport photo of yourself, for your BVG public transportation ticket for Berlin. The photo must be:
- Digital file (JPG) must include your first name and last name on the file name
- White background
- Minimum external dimensions in mm: 35mm x 45mm (width x height)
- Minimum digital dimensions in pixels: not less than 600 pixels high or 500 pixels wide
- Image must be cropped to the photo edges (no border). A scan of a white page with a photo on it will not be accepted
4.4 Copy of your passport (only required if you need a visa invitation letter).
4.5 Copy of your international health insurance policy in English, OR a copy of your European Health Insurance Card (EHIC), OR application for insurance with Mawista. More info on this on our insurance page .
5. Cultural Program
- Your course fee covers costs of the cultural program  such as museum entry and tour guides
- In addition, we offer one-day guided visits to the beautiful East German cities of Leipzig (summer only) and Dresden (summer and winter), as optional extra excursions. The price for each trip is 70€, which covers transportation and tourist attractions.
- Please select which (if any) of these options you would like to participate in during the registration process
6. Photo Permission
- Please indicate in the registration process if you agree or disagree to the TU Berlin Summer & Winter University taking your photograph or filming you during the program
7. Please read about our fees and conditions
The fees and conditions  page of our website includes important information such as our cancellation and refunds policy, relevant fees, and cultural program liability exclusions. You will be asked to agree to these terms and conditions upon registering.
Register: Summer University 2020
Registrations for Summer 2020 are due to open in mid- December. The full 2020 Summer program will be announced shortly.
The link for registering for Summer 2020 will be posted here as soon as it is available.
If you would like us to send you an email notification when registrations for summer 2020 open, please let us know via email .
Or please feel free to contact us  with any other enquiries.
Register: Winter University 2020
Registration for the TU Berlin Winter University 2020 is now open!
Early bird prices run until the 4th of November 2019.
Please read the full registration instructions in the tab above, before proceeding to the registration.
Please note the following courses are fully booked, and we are only offering waiting list spots at this time:
- Introduction to Data Science with Python - waiting list spots only!
- Programming in Java - waiting list spots only!
- Introduction to 3D Scanning & Printing - waiting list spots only!
This link will take you to the registration page:
Please contact us  with any enquiries.
Register: TU Berlin Students
Registration for winter 2020 is now open.
To access the TU Berlin student registration page, please login with your TU Berlin account and then click on the menu tab marked 'Registration TU Berlin Students' (this is only visible if you are logged in).