Instructions for Registration
Important information for applicants
To prepare for the registration process, please read the following information about the personal details and documentation you will need for your application.
1. Registration Fee
- An online registration fee of €60 is compulsory
- This covers the administration cost of your application and will be subtracted from your final invoice once you have been accepted to the program
- Please have your credit card ready before you register (Mastercard, Visa or Amex)
- Important!: Please check your credit card is freed for international transactions, prior to registering!
- The Summer & Winter University offers different accommodation options and you will be asked to select your preferred option (or you can also choose to find your own accommodation)
- Read about the available options in our accommodation section .
- Please note that your selection on the registration form is a request only, and is not a confirmation of booking. Rooms are subject to availability, and your choice will be confirmed with your registration confirmation, and invoice. If the room you requested is unavailable, we will email you with options before sending your full invoice.
3. Personal Information
- Please have your personal details ready for the registration process
- This includes your passport information if you need a visa invitation letter
4. Document Upload - PLEASE READ CAREFULLY!
- Several documents will be required as proof in your application. You will be asked to upload these as part of the registration process
- All documents can be in the following formats and size: JPG, PDF, max. 2 MB, apart from your portrait photo for the transport ticket, which has to be in JPG.
- Please name all documents in the format: SURNAME_FIRSTNAME_PHOTO, e.g. "MUSTERMAN_MAX_PHOTO". Surname = family name.
4.2 Your proof of English language proficiency, if you are not a native English speaker (see our requirements page  for what we accept)
4.3 A passport photo of yourself, for your BVG public transportation ticket for Berlin. The photo must be:
- Digital file (JPG) must include your first name and last name on the file name
- White background
- Image must be cropped to the photo edges (no border). A scan of a white page with a photo on it will not be accepted
4.4 Copy of your passport (only required if you need a visa invitation letter).
4.5 Copy of your international health insurance policy in English, OR a copy of your European Health Insurance Card (EHIC), OR application for insurance with Mawista. Find more information on our insurance page .
4.6 Copy of your German Health Insurance Waiver Document . Find more information on our insurance page .
5. Cultural Program
- Your course fee covers costs of the cultural program  such as museum entry and tour guides
- In addition, we offer one-day guided visits to the beautiful East German cities of Leipzig (summer only) and Dresden (summer and winter), as optional extra excursions. The price for each trip is 70€, which covers transportation and tourist attractions.
- Please select which (if any) of these options you would like to participate in during the registration process
6. Photo Permission
- Please indicate in the registration process if you agree or disagree to the TU Berlin Summer & Winter University taking your photograph or filming you during the program
7. Please read about our fees and conditions
The fees and conditions  page of our website includes important information such as our cancellation and refunds policy, relevant fees, and cultural program liability exclusions. You will be asked to agree to these terms and conditions upon registering.
Register: Summer University 2020
Registrations for Summer 2020 are now open!
Please read the full instructions for registering, in the tab above, and then register at the link below. Early bird prices run until Monday the 2nd of March 2020.
Feel free to contact us  with any other enquiries.
Register: TU Berlin Students
Registration for TU Berlin students for summer 2020 will open on the 2nd of March, 2020.
To access the TU Berlin student registration page, please login with your TU Berlin account and then click on the menu tab marked 'Registration TU Berlin Students' (this is only visible if you are logged in).