Inhalt des Dokuments
Im Projekt Neighborhood-Demononstrator wird das im
Energy Atlas Berlin  entwickelte Tool getestet und
weiterentwickelt. Die Testgebiete befinden sich in Berlin,
Brandenburg und London. Unter Leitung von Dr.-Ing.
Wulf-Holger Arndt  wird das Modul "Energy Consumption and
Traffic Flows" getestet. Dabei werden Zusammenhänge zwischen
Flächennutzung, Siedlungsstruktur und Energieverbrauch aufgezeigt
und Emissionen berechnet.
An der TU Berlin:
- FG Energiesysteme
- FG Geoinformationstechnik
- FG Energieversorgungsnetze und Integration erneuerbarer Energien
- FG Gebäudetechnik und Entwerfen
- Institut for Sustainebility
- Imperial College London (UK)
- Vattenfall Europe Wärme AG
- GASAG Berliner Gaswerke AG
Neighbourhood Demonstrators (N-DEMO) provides a
set of significant urban test-beds to demonstrate, evaluate,
and facilitate innovative and integrated low-carbon
interventions. Builded on new models of delivery and
data-driven insights the project will stimulate economic
development while lowering carbon footprint through
sustainable energy consumption. It will mitigate the impact of
climate change, and drive forward the learning on how to
create sustainable EU Cities through a systemic neighbourhood
Bringing together Climate-KIC academic and corporate partners, and providing real-world development and demonstration opportunities for SMEs, this 30 month project will apply and assess specific innovation opportunities, including climate envelopes, geothermal demonstrations, and holistic community-level low-carbon transformation. The first year of funding is sought here to initiate the project in Berlin and London, with a third location to be incorporated in year 2.
The project focuses on three deliverables:
1) data-driven modelling and visualisation to support investment optimisation at the neighbourhood scale, and enable stakeholder engagement;
2) developing new (and marketable) business models to enable large-scale, integrated delivery of low-carbon investments; and
3) demonstrators which provide corporate, SME, and public sector partners opportunities to showcase and accelerate innovation and market progress through knowledge-related processes, and develop the evidence base on systemic neighbourhood scale innovation and business development.
Neighbourhood Demonstrators builds on and supports other Climate-KIC projects in the Sustainable Cities theme including EURBANLABS, 3D Energy ATLAS, and SMART URBAN ADAPT; complements the Low Carbon Production theme; provides a test bed for emerging ICT-KIC initiatives (such as the Digital Cities Exchange project), and will optimise investments and progress good practice in national and regional projects.
Further development of the platform "Energy Atlas" in
Neighborhood Demonstrator will consist in incorporating the
dynamic representation of objects and quantities which develop
with time, such as energy consumption and traffic flows.
Moreover, spatial data aggregation functions and scenarios will
be developed, which fulfill the necessity of planning and
simulating at the scale of a Neighborhood.
These functionalities will be primarily tested on the topic "Mobility". In the starter project, the "Energy Atlas" tool is implemented to reconstruct and visualize in the 3D city model cause-effect relationship between traffic flows, their energy impact and urban space use. In Neighborhood Demonstrators, the emission calculation tool will be tested on the more detailed spatial scale of the test Neighborhoods. In the tool, the variable time will be incorporated and traffic flows will be dynamically represented.
SekretariatZentrum Technik und Gesellschaft
Sekr. HBS 1
D - 10623 Berlin
Tel.: +49 (0)30 314-23665
Fax: +49 (0)30 314-26917
Tel.: +49 (0)30 314-25230