TU Berlin – Paving the way to the future
The internationally renowned Technische Universität Berlin is located in Germany’s capital city at the heart of Europe. Our activities focus on building a distinctive profile, exceptional performance in research and teaching, excellent qualifications for our graduates and a forward-looking administration. The TU Berlin strives to promote the dissemination of knowledge and to facilitate technological progress by adhering to the principles of excellence and quality. Strong regional, national and international networking partnerships with science and industry are an important aspect in this regard.
Our research and teaching endeavors can be characterized by a broad spectrum of academic disciplines, ranging from engineering science to natural science, planning science and economics, as well as the humanities and social sciences.
TU BERLIN – AN OVERVIEW
- 29510 students, including 5988 students from other countries
- 7 Schools
- 320 Professors
- 15 Junior Professors
- 2364 Research associates
- 2668 Externally-funded positions
- 90 Courses of study
- 2038 Staff in administration, libraries, central institutions and workshops
- 264.8 million euro in state subsidies for the year 2010
- 125 million euro in external funding for the year 2009
- Average of 30 habilitations and 400 doctoral degrees granted each year
- Approximately 150 trainees each year in 16 professions