TU Berlin – Paving the way to the future
The internationally renowned Technische Universität Berlin is located in Germany’s capital city at the heart of Europe. Our activities focus on building a distinctive profile, exceptional performance in research and teaching, excellent qualifications for our graduates and a forward-looking administration. The TU Berlin strives to promote the dissemination of knowledge and to facilitate technological progress by adhering to the principles of excellence and quality. Strong regional, national and international networking partnerships with science and industry are an important aspect in this regard.
Our research and teaching endeavors can be characterized by a broad spectrum of academic disciplines, ranging from engineering science to natural science, planning science and economics, as well as the humanities and social sciences.
TU BERLIN – AN OVERVIEW
- 31427 students, including 5806 students from other countries
- 7 Faculties
- 331 Professors
- 17 Junior Professors
- 2666 Research associates
- 3267 Externally-funded positions
- 90 Courses of study
- 2145 Staff in administration, libraries, central institutions and workshops
- 295.7 million euros in state subsidies for the year 2014
- 174 million euros in external funding for the year 2013
- Average of 15 habilitations and 470 doctoral degrees granted each year
- Approximately 130 trainees each year in 15 professions